Thursday, August 5, 2010

Trip to Virginia City and the Park County Fair


Last week I went to Virginia City and Nevada City with Jean.  We went with Stan and Penny Welch, who are Bruce's brother and his wife.  We only had one day there--July 29, 2010.  We met Stan and Penny at Famous Dave's where we had lunch.

Afterward we drove to Virginia City.  It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed the scenery.  Once we were there we looked at a few of the old buildings and museums.  We had to walk through the candy store of course and we ate ice cream in one of the stores.

We also went to Nevada City where we panned for gold and garnets.  The ground had a lot of garnets, most of them heavily fractured, and Jean and I were able to get a little bit of gold out of each bucket that we were given.  We might have $0.25 of gold apiece.  Mining is definitely made for obsessive-compulsive people.  It's definitely not for those who have short attention spans.  It was fun to learn a little about the rocks though.

August 4 I entered three pictures into the Park County Fair.  Tonight I got a call from my Dad saying that I had one first place for my grizzly bear picture, and third place on my blue and gold macaw.
Grizzly Curiosity


















Blue and Gold Macaw
















Innocence of Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment