Monday, February 20, 2012

Lyford's Photo Album


I just wanted to give all my friends and family a note, to let you know that I finished my DVD of grandpa's photo album from the 1940s!  It's about 36 minutes long and is made for 16:9 aspect HDTVs.

It's a process that's been about two years in the making.  I started out by scanning, tagging, and editing the original photos.  That took quite awhile and about half the effort!  Afterwards, I reordered them and put them in a Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation.  I saved the slides separately, and then put them back together using Windows Live Movie Maker.  I converted the slideshow into DVD and AVI digital formats.  Then I combined everything onto one disk.  Lastly, I produced the disk by making multiple copies of it, and giving it a cover.

I could only do limited testing on the DVD but it looks to be pretty good.  My brother Scott told me that some of the picture gets cut off on 4:3 standard display TVs.  I noticed using my LG HDTV that the DVD played best when I set the TV's aspect ratio to "Just Scan."

I made sure that immediate family and those who requested early copies via Facebook got first dibs, but if any of my family would like one, I'd be happy to send it to you.  Make sure I get your address if I don't already have it!  (If you're reading this Tim, I have yours saved!)


No comments:

Post a Comment