Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Beginning of the End


This past week has been really difficult, but it's had its blessings too.  The prospect of selling Grandma's house has weighed pretty heavily on me.  At the same time, Adam came over from Helena to see me.

Our real estate agent came to the house to look it over Tuesday, February 28.  That was fairly easy because I've always enjoyed showing off this place, plus our real estate agent is a friend.

Adam arrived Saturday, March 3 and stayed until Monday.  He just bought a new Ford Escape and wanted to take a trip.  We hadn't seen each other for a couple months, and this has really been the first opportunity he's had to come to Gardiner since July.  On his first night here, we barbecued a couple steaks, and I made some baked potatoes and asparagus for dinner.  We were able to catch up on things that evening.  I showed him the DVD I just produced about Grandpa's photo album from the 1940s.

Doug, Adam's Miniature Pinscher, did pretty well with my cats, considering they hadn't seen each other for several months.  Storm and Thunder especially stared at him.  By Monday, the cats seemed to be pretty well used to having a small dog in the house.  Even still, Butterscotch liked her respite in my bedroom at night.  Lightning didn't really care about Doug and just stayed out of his way!  She's an odd cat.

Sunday while I was at work, our real estate agent came by the house and put up the sign.  Adam was at the house so she could take some photos.  Honestly I'm glad I wasn't able to be there for all that.  Just thinking about the sign on the property made me sick.  I dreaded coming home and seeing the sign.  That also meant that the house was already listed, and I found the online listing.

Adam and I were already planning on going to Chico Sunday, but it was a good thing I went anyway because I was upset.  Going to Chico with a friend helped relieve some of the stress of the day.  It was a pretty nice day too.

Adam drove to Chico, so I got to see how his new ride was.  It's a pretty decent vehicle.  I'd consider getting one too if I were in the market.  I was impressed that his Sirius radio didn't drop while we were in Yankee Jim Canyon.  It still had the new car smell, too!

Yesterday after work we had enough time before he had to go back to Helena to barbecue the other two steaks.  While I was getting things ready, I got a call from Kevin in Germany.  It's been a few weeks since I've heard from him, so I was glad.

It seems that my family is in the midst of pivotal changes.  At least Adam was here this weekend; his visit was inadvertently well-timed.  My changes were easier to deal with having a friend around since Jean had to work this weekend.

1 comment: