Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day Dinner with Grandma


I went to Evergreen on Sunday May 13 for Mother's Day to see Grandma.  The nursing home was hosting a dinner at 6:00 pm for all the residents.

Actually I guess Evergreen has a different name.  I've been using it for awhile, but their sign actually says, "Livingston Health and Rehabilitation Center."

Grandma was sitting at a different table than usual, so it took me a little while to find her.  She has to have a pureed diet, so she had pork roast, mashed potatoes with gravy, and yams.  Her meal didn't look bad at all.  She really liked the potatoes, but she always has liked potatoes.  The only differences between her dinner and mine was that mine wasn't pureed, and I had broccoli instead of yams.  The meal was pretty good except for the broccoli.  I literally gagged on it.  I think Grandma's yams probably tasted better!

While I was visiting with her, I told her about a funny story that happened to me last week.  I was sitting in the living room watching TV when a rabbit ran past me!  Following the rabbit were all four cats!  When I told her that all the cats were chasing the rabbit she couldn't stop laughing.  Here's a video of when I caught the rabbit:


We had a good talk together, but I didn't spend too much time with her because she was tired.  I was glad to have the time with her though!


No comments:

Post a Comment