Monday, August 20, 2012

On a British Adventure


On July 15 our JESUS Film team arrived at the Heathrow Airport about 8:30 a.m.  We had a very successful trip to Angola and believe that our showing of the JESUS Film helped give hope to a nation striving for it.  We were now in Great Britain, and had our first meal in the developed world together at Giraffe.  Wow!  What a great meal!

A waffle with Greek yogurt, strawberries, honey, and garnished with mint
Fried eggs and tomato, beans, ham, and sausage
Bruce had to catch his flight so we said goodbye to him.  The rest of us did a little shopping in the airport before I said goodbye.  I had a super-long layover and I was going to take advantage of it by taking a quick tour of London.  The rest of my group would leave before me.

Once outside of Customs, I got a taxi to take me around town.  It cost me about $350 USD, but he was able to make sure I got back to my flight with plenty of time, which a bus tour would not be able to guarantee.  Below are just a couple samples of what I saw.  The entire set of videos I took is about 26 minutes long, so I won't bore you.

The Victoria and Albert Museum



No comments:

Post a Comment