Monday, July 21, 2014

Watching "We Will Rock You"

Last week I was given a free ticket (it's kind of a work-perk) to see "We Will Rock You," a musical production that uses Queen's music.  I had a good time and I got to see a little of the Seattle area.


Since I sleep during the day most of the time now, I woke up a little early so that I could get something to eat first.

I took public transportation to get there.  I decided that it was cheaper, even if it took longer, to make it to the show last Sunday, July 13.  From Renton I drove to the Tukwila Light Rail Station.  There was a sports event going on the same night in Seattle, so it was a little busy.  Inside the station, there were three automated ticket machines.  Honestly I was a little unsure how they regulated passengers since I never did see a place where people were required to scan their ticket.  Regardless, it took about 40 minutes to get from there to downtown Seattle.  I walked a couple blocks from the Westlake Station to the theater.

It was the last day of the show, so I didn't watch the two lead actors perform, but was enchanted with the acting and singing of their understudies.  If I remember correctly, they were Corey Mosello and Stephanie Sy.

I really enjoyed being in the Fifth Avenue Theater, decorated in a fine Chinese motif.  Of course the audience was electric with excitement for Queen's music.

I had previously met many of the production members in passing, so I was glad to see what they had put so much energy in.  In particular, I remember speaking briefly with Tristan Avakian and enjoying his guitar solos during the play.

I had a great time that night, and was very grateful for the free opportunity to see a great show.

http://instagram.com/p/qabP7ALT9L

No comments:

Post a Comment