Saturday, December 24, 2011

Celebrating Christmas Early


Yeah, I know it's a little early to open presents and have family together, but Jean and I have to work on Christmas on opposite shifts, so we're doing things a little early so that we could all be together.

December 22 started out with Zana, Lloyd, Jared, and Kassie coming over from Big Timber in the morning.  We got to visit together and have a good time.  We had a light lunch of gumbo and half cheese sandwiches.  Jared and Kassie hadn't had gumbo before, but they liked it.  After lunch I gave Jared his birthday present since his birthday was on the twentieth.  He and Kassie had birthday cupcakes, plus with lunch he had a Dr. Pepper.  In addition we have Christmas cookies all over the house, so I think Jared and Kassie were on a sugar high for most of the day!

Lloyd told me a little about his family while visiting.  Life was very different back then!

Jared and Kassie mostly played with the Legos while I scanned old photos.  Jean and Zana got to spend some girl time together.

Jared and I picked up Zana's Christmas gift from Gardiner, which had just arrived.

Jared and Kassie went with me to Montana's Rib & Chop House in Livingston where we were meeting others for our Christmas dinner.  We had a group of about 12 people: Dad, Bonnie, Chris, Edie, Bruce, Jean, Kassie, Jared, me, Zana, Lloyd, and Tim (not my uncle).  I hadn't seen Chris and Edie since September when we celebrated Dad's birthday at Famous Dave's in Bozeman.  They were on the other side of the table, but it seemed like they were doing well.  I hadn't seen Tim in many years--he graduated from Park High School a few years after I did as I remember.  He came with Chris and Edie as he and Chris are good friends.  We had a great time, and after Jared and Kassie left with their mom and grandfather, Dad, Bonnie, Jean, and I opened up our presents.

It was a day of traveling, company, and celebration.  I'm glad we all had such a good time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment