Monday, July 22, 2013

Greg's Birthday


July 13, Greg and I celebrated his birthday.  I helped him set up his new 60" HDTV at his house, and then Sabina, his wife, made some awesome sandwiches.  That afternoon we drove up to Crevice Mountain Lodge where we visited with our friend Cheryl.  I hadn't seen her property yet, and I really enjoyed getting the tour of her mountain cabin area.  She's right on the sight of a mining ghost town.  I know if Jean were there with me, she would have been fascinated by the experience.

Greg and I rode bicycles on the way down the mountain that beautiful evening.  It was amazing to feel the temperature change so dramatically from the top of the mountain to Gardiner.  I'd estimate that it was at least a 10 degree difference.  The scenery is so beautiful in this corner of Montana!  After we got to the bottom we drove to the top again to retrieve the other car and came back down.

The last time we did this was about three years ago.  

The scenery between Jardine and Gardiner is awesome!  If you look at the top left corner, you can see Mammoth inside Yellowstone Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment