Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Outlook


It's so funny that for much of the past nine months, nothing has been happening in my life, and now, I'm so busy that I almost don't know what to do with myself!

Right now I have three part-time jobs.  I work at a bookstore/sandwich and coffee shop, at the hotel I've been working at for nine years, and painting at a nearby bed and breakfast.  In April, I was only working one or two days a week, but now I'm pretty much on my regular schedule of three days a week at the sandwich shop.  At the hotel, I'm helping at the front desk, covering for people who need days off and the like.  During the springtime at many hotels, there is regularly a lot of tourists visiting Yellowstone Park, but not enough employees helping out.  Such is the way it is here, and I've come to accept the drastic changes in "busy-ness."

Last Thursday, May 16, I hadn't had a day off in more than a week.  I was pretty tired, and since it was going to rain, I couldn't really do any painting at the bed and breakfast.  I spent the day regrouping, and getting a handle on things at home.  It's nice to be able to clean the house, catch up on bookkeeping, and other things.

I drove to Butte on May 17 and stayed overnight at the Super 8.  I took a First Aid/CPR/AED class on May 18.  The same class was already completely booked in Bozeman, so I had to drive the extra distance so that I could take the class soon.  I have so many plans and so little time to do them all in!

I watched Star Trek: Into Darkness in Bozeman on the way home that night.  In the middle of the movie, the power went out for about ten minutes.  I was hoping that the outage wouldn't last a long time, and gladly, it didn't.  This is probably the last opportunity I'm going to have to watch a movie in the theater for awhile.  I'm glad that the power resumed.

Most of this spring has been difficult to get through, and now it seems as if opportunities are opening up left and right.  For awhile, we have to endure a lot of struggles, and then it seems as if things might work out, and at other times, nothing seems to go wrong.  Then we seem to go back into that cycle again.  I think what helps me most is to try to live each day as its own, but it certainly helps when the outlook is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment