Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Dropping Adam Off at the PCT


Wayne and Adam at the Pacific Crest Trail in Washington along Route 20
Adam came from Pennsylvania to Washington state recently so he could hike on the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT). Adam arrived in Everett on June 22. I picked him up and we were able to hang out for a few days. I haven't seen Adam since he visited me in Montana March 22-25, 2014. Jean, Bruce, and I were still in the process of unpacking, so while I was at work, he helped us out with the process.

It was great to be able to catch up with him. So much has happened in the past year. I was able to show him where I work, and what I do. He was able to buy a few last-minute supplies and get ready for his trip.

Adam was hoping to go on the entire trail, but was open to other possibilities.

On June 25, I got up early in the morning and drove him through North Cascades National Park on Washington State Route 20. It was such a beautiful drive that I decided that I needed to drive there later to really see what's there.

After fumbling around on the road a bit, we finally found where the PCT met Highway 20. (It wasn't clearly marked, so we were a little confused.) We said our goodbyes, and then I left Adam in the middle of nowhere without even a cell signal.

I figured that he'd be alright and that he'd enjoy his time on the trail. I considered it a great adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment